Welcome to Chown Adult Day Centre!
Dear Family caregivers, Clients, Volunteers and Community partners
As of August 24th Chown remains temporarily closed and we have no reopening date as yet. We continue to work closely with Handydart and VCHA on a recovery plan.
Staff at Chown are on site full time and are in the process of making home visits to many of our seniors; using PPE and Social distancing. We continue to make Virtual Wellness checks. Staff are not allowed to enter any of our senior’s homes at this time, as much as some of you want them too.
Respite care; has now reopened for some of you who have used this service. Please contact your case manager if you need further information.
- We will be reducing the number of people allowed in the centre according to the new regulations.
- Family members and handydart drivers will drop off seniors at the door.
- No visitors, volunteers, entertainers, or tours will be permitted at the centre.
- Staff have undergone training and practice in keeping safe distances, re-arranged furniture and equipment and established procedures for safe activity programming.
- Throughout the centre there is posted signage to remind everyone to keep a safe distance.
Disinfecting and Personal Protection
- Before leaving the home to attend the centre each day, seniors will be pre-screened for symptoms of illness
- All staff will wear masks, face shields and gowns when physical distancing is not possible.
- All supplies, equipment and high touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected throughout the day.
- Staff will be assigned daily to disinfect washrooms, chairs, tables, and other equipment after each use.
Policies, Rules and Guidelines
- Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 (including fever, coughing, chills, shortness of breath, sore throat, new muscle aches or headaches will be prohibited from entering the centre.
- Anyone who has travelled from outside Canada in the last 14 days will be prohibited from entering the centre.
- Upon arrival clients will be monitored for temperature, using a non-contact thermometer.
- Staff will be knowledgeable in all areas of safety, including policies, rules, and procedures
- All Clients will get an orientation pamphlet of all guidelines in the first week of returning to the Chown.
- Families will be kept informed in writing of all policies, rules, and guidelines.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
To enhance the quality of life of our clients and their families by providing options for supportive care, client centered programming, and social connections for adults with varying health challenges in a comfortable and safe environment.
The purpose of Chown Adult Day Centre is to:
- Provide client centered programs and services that will engender wellness
- Maintain a liaison and working relationships with other healthcare service providers
- Increase community awareness regarding the role and value of Adult Day Centres
- Maintain a quality work environment ensuring respect and dignity for every individual
OUR CREDO “Caring Together”